About J Certification
PICT International is the sole agent of J Certification.
If you want to find out more information of J Certification, you can contact us.
Established in 2017, J Certificate is a quality assurance service that authenticates and assesses spirits for the consumers throughout Greater China. A conclusion from master distillers, blenders and prestigious spirit judges assessing at IWSC (International Wine and Spirits Competition) standard, it guarantees the credibility and professionalism worldwide.
1. Projects of Certification
- Identification of Adulterated and Authentic Whiskies.
- Whiskies are graded in 89 points and above.
2. Experts of J Certification
- Have IWSC London judge experience and the first female of the keeper of the quaich in Greater China, Julie Lee.
- The third generation of Japanese importer of whisky and expert of Asian whisky market, Katsuhiko Tanaka.
- The first independent bottler in Greater China: PICT Independent Bottling CO<D Consulting Group of Premium Spirit Selection.
- The teaching group of Whisky Ambassador Program which is the only whisky school certified by the UK government.
3. Approaches of Certification
Identify adulterated whisky by the third generation of Japanese importer of whisky and expert of Asian whisky market, Katsuhiko Tanaka and the first independent bottler in Greater China: PICT Independent Bottling CO<D Consulting Group of Premium Spirit Selection.
IWSC first Asian female judge in London and Greater China, Julie Lee and the teaching group of Whisky Ambassador Program will grade the quality of the spirit together.
4.Standards of Grading Whisky
Colour 10 points, aroma 20 points, flavor 40 points, finish 30 points.
- Unless it’s a non chill filtered whisky, any impurity in unacceptable.
- The colour of the whisky has to meet the standard of whisky industry.
- All whiskies need to have pleasant aroma, any pungent and revolting smell is unacceptable.
- The quality of flavor has to reach above 35 points in IWSC standard.
- The finish of whisky has to last in throat at least 3 seconds, and needs to demonstrate lairs and varieties.